Sigma Tandem rating
Earning the UPT Sigma Vector Tandem skydiving certification rating is a 3 step process.
1 – Five tandem jumps under the supervision of a UPT Examiner.
2 – Five tandem jumps with an experienced jumper (B licensed and 100 jumps)
3 – The probationary period, where you can take actual passengers, but are on probation until you have a total of 25 tandem jumps.
– 18 years of age
– at least 600 ram-air jumps
– 3 years in the sport
– USPA D-license
– Hold an instructional rating
– Hold an FAA class 3 medical certificate or foreign equivalent
Sigma Manual and IRM are the skydiving course books. It is recommended to print the Sigma manual prior to the course. You must answer the written exams prior to the course (USPA and UPT). Please type the answers and bring them to the course. Any questions you don’t know the answers to can be left open.
The tandem skydiving certification rating course will take 3 to 4 days (weather permitting). The course consists of one day of classroom, 5 evaluation jumps and correction of the written exams. And 5 jumps with an experienced skydiver.
You need to bring copies of:
– USPA membership card with a D-license number and Coach or Instructor rating endorsement
– Copy of a current FAA class 3 medical certificate
– logbooks showing 700 jumps and 3 years in the sport
If you already possess a current Tandem Instructor rating from another manufacturer you can get crossed over to the Sigma skydiving certification rating.
To qualify for cross-training you must:
– Hold a current Tandem rating from another approved manufacturer
– Show documentation of at least 25 jumps on this system
– Meet all the requirements of the initial UPT tandem skydiving course (see above)
The course book is the Sigma Tandem manual. You must make the written tests at home, type the answers and bring to the course.
You need to bring copies of:
– Current tandem rating
– Logbook entries with 25 tandem jumps
– FAA class 3 medical certificate
– USPA membership card with D-license number and Instructional rating endorsement
The course consists of ground training and a minimum of 2 evaluation jumps. The Sigma tandem written exams will be corrected during the course before the jumps begin.
Course fee: $500
10 x equipment rental, price per jump: $50
10 x pack job: $10
USPA fee: $50
UPT fee: $50
Jump ticket: your slots and the examiner’s
Things to do before the course:
– Complete your Sigma and USPA test before the course
– Print all the forms from the links below
– Sigma Manual
– Tandem Examiner Skydiving Certification Form*
– Tandem Instructor Skydiving Certification Form*
– Tandem Instructor Checklist
– Tandem Instructor Recertification Form*
– Sigma Tandem Test: new
Booking and Contact Information
If you have questions about our skydiving courses, or the skydiving certification process for these ratings, or you’re ready to book these advanced sessions, please contact us at 661.765.JUMP (5867) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.